Chocolate chip cookies are a beloved classic, and there’s nothing quite like the aroma of freshly baked cookies wafting through your home. But what if you find yourself craving these delectable treats and realize you’re out of brown sugar? Don’t worry! In this blog, we’ll share a quick and easy recipe for chocolate chip cookies that doesn’t require brown sugar. With simple pantry staples, you can whip up a batch of delicious cookies that will satisfy your sweet tooth and leave you wanting more.
Hassle-free Scrumptious Delights: Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 and 1/2 cups chocolate chips (milk, semi-sweet, or dark, according to your preference)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. This can be done with an electric mixer or by hand using a sturdy wooden spoon.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract to the butter-sugar mixture and beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to overmix, as it can result in a tougher texture.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, ensuring they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Using a cookie scoop or a spoon, drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart to allow for spreading.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for approximately 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. The centers may appear slightly undercooked, but they will firm up as they cool.
- Remove the baking sheets from the oven and let the cookies cool on the sheets for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, indulge in the irresistible combination of sweet, buttery dough and melty chocolate chips.
- Store any leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. You can also freeze the cookies for longer shelf life.
Enjoy the Sweetness!
These quick and easy chocolate chip cookies without brown sugar prove that you can still create mouthwatering treats with simple pantry staples. The butter and granulated sugar combination provides a rich and sweet base, while the chocolate chips add bursts of gooey goodness in every bite. Whether you’re baking for yourself, your family, or a special occasion, these cookies are sure to satisfy your cravings and leave you with a smile.
So, the next time you find yourself without brown sugar but craving homemade chocolate chip cookies, don’t fret! Whip up a batch of these delightful treats, and enjoy the comfort and joy that comes with each delicious bite. Happy baking!